Monday 24 December 2012

Journal Easel Card Tutorial

 Hi all it's been a while, so here goes.
I kept seeing these lovely easel cards with post-it notes in them, but no tutorial, knowing me I was looking in the wrong place. So me being me rather than ask or look harder I decided to just do it.


To start I cut a piece of lightweight cardstock 6" x 3" (15.2 cm x 7.6 cm) and scored a half inch (1.3 cm) in on all the sides, I then cut a slit in each corner (see picture).













Then I went on to cut a piece of 12 x 12 light weight cardstock on half and scored at 3", 5.5", 6.5" (7.6cm, 14cm, 16.5cm) this will form the base card with a lid and a spine so it stays flat when closed. 








Once you have taped the flaps on the box corners and folded your pre scored lines, this is what you are left with nothing fancy as yet but, its how you decide to decorate it that makes it special.               









To decorate I added purple striped paper to the top, inside base of the card and the edges of the journal card box. I then added a nice topper from papermania, the frame was decoupaged (sort of)  the sentiment came from the same sheet all pre glittered. The butterflies where punched from some floral velum that had pinks, purples and blues. As a finishing touch I put some grossgrain ribbon through the sentiment as it had some pre punched holes which made it look like a buckle, the bow was tied from a separate piece of the same ribbon with a rose cabochon added. 

Just to finish it off I printed some narrow lined note paper on some lightweight card stock and alternated pink then purple as I stacked them inside the box.




This is the finished product closed, to keep it shut I punched a hole in the lid and the base and put some ribbon that matched the main card embellishments and tied a bow.









I really hope this tutorial was helpful and easy to find. 
           Enjoy your crafting and having fun with colour combinations I will be making more of these if you keep an eye in the Gallery page you can use this link or find it in the right handside tollbar with all my other pages.  Cat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment