Friday 11 January 2013

Valentine 'Book' Card.

Hi everyone I hope your all having a great year so far and that it is set to continue.
I have been making a Valentine card and was trying to avoid red and love hearts all over the shop, as I know a lot of people are not into that kind of thing and this is what I have come up with.



The stamp was a freebie from DoCrafts creativity magazine and the sentiment came with it. For the die cut shapes I used the Spellbinders Fleur de lis (sorry if I have spelt that wrong please inform me). When colouring the dress and wrap in I felt I had to have some pink to tie it in with the background, so for this I used Antique pink from promarkers as always, and the dress was soft green and mint green.











                                                                               
This is an inside view of the card. For the background I used a few different digi kits I had on my computer, and made to fit. The sentiment which is layered on a spellbinders to match the front of the card and a standard circle, actually comes of the card it isn't glued down in any way so the message stays secret when it is open on the mantel (or where ever you choose to keep it). The card used was a pink pearlised cardstock and the fleur de lis is flush to the card and the circle is on 3mm foam pads.
I have a tutorial for how to make the Rose I hope this helps it is pretty straight forward, once you know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment